BFO-Based Engineering Ontologies
From NCOR Wiki
- Eric Little, Joseph Eberle, Fred Turino, Utilizing Ontologies for Petrochemical Applications, Stefano Borgo and Leonardo Lesmo (eds.), Formal Ontologies Meet Industry, (Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, Volume 174), 2008, 22-32.
- Francesco Furini, Rahul Rai, Barry Smith, Georgio Colombo & Venkat Krovi, Development of a Manufacturing Ontology for Functionally Graded Materials, Proceedings of International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE), August 21-24, 2016, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
- Stefan Suwelack, Markus Stoll, Manuel Serf, Nikola Bursac, Albert Albers, Rolf Bendl, Rüdiger Dillmann and Stefanie Speidel, Towards Cognitive Computer Aided Engineering, Conference, Proceedings of the International Association for the Engineering Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Community, NAFEMS Americas Conference, June 2016.
- Ana Correia, Dragan Stokic, Rebecca Siafaka, Sebastian Scholze, Ontology for Collaborative Development of Product Service Systems based on Basic Formal Ontology, 2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC).
- Thomas J. Hagedorn, Sundar Krishnamurty & Ian R. Grosse, A Knowledge-Based Method for Innovative Design for Additive Manufacturing Supported by Modular Ontologies, Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, 18(2), 021009 (Mar 19, 2018).
- Lucas Mesmer & Andrew Olewnik, Enabling Supplier Discovery Through a Part-Focused Manufacturing Process Ontology, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 31(1), 2018, 87-100.
- Damiano Arena, Farhad Ameri, Dimitris Kiritsis, Skill Modelling for Digital Factories, IFIP International Conference on Advances in Production Management Systems. APMS 2018: Advances in Production Management Systems. Smart Manufacturing for Industry 4.0, 2018, 318-326.
- Mary Bone, Mark Blackburn, Benjamin Kruse, John Dzielski, Thomas Hagedorn and Ian Grosse, "Toward an Interoperability and Integration Framework to Enable Digital Thread", Systems, 2018, 6(4), 46; https://doi.org/10.3390/systems6040046.
- Douglas Orellana and William Mandrick, The Ontology of Systems Engineering: Towards a Computational Digital Engineering Semantic Framework, Procedia Computer Science, vol. 153, 2019, 268-276.
- Munira Mohd Ali, Rahul Rai, J. Neil Otte & Barry Smith, A Product Life Cycle Ontology for Additive Manufacturing, Computers in Industry vol. 105, 2019, 191-203.
- J. Neil Otte, Dimitris Kiritsis, Munira Binti Mohd Ali, Ruoyu Yang, Binbin Zhang, Ron Rudnicki, Rahul Rai, Barry Smith, An Ontological Approach to Representing the Product Life Cycle, Applied Ontology, vol. 14, no. 2, 2019, 155-177.
- Hedi Karray, Farhad Ameri, Melinda Hodkiewicz, Thierry Louge, ROMAIN: Towards a BFO compliant reference ontology for industrial maintenance, Applied ontology, vol. 14, no. 2, 2019, 179-197.
- Thomas J. Hagedorn, Barry Smith, Sundar Krishnamurty, Ian Grosse, “Interoperability of disparate engineering domain ontologies using Basic Formal Ontology”, Journal of Engineering Design, June 2019, https://doi.org/10.1080/09544828.2019.1630805.
- Hyunmin Cheong, Adrian Butscher, Physics-based simulation ontology: an ontology to support modelling and reuse of data for physics-based simulation, Journal of Engineering Design, 23 July 2019.
- Farhad Ameri, Boonserm Kulvatunyou "A Supply Chain Reference Ontology based on Basic Formal Ontology", Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference IDETC/CIE, 2019.
- Damiano Nunzio Arena, Manuel Oliva, Ignacio Eguia, Carmelo Del Valle, Dimitris Kiritsis, "Semantic Model-Driven PLM Data Interoperability: An Application for Aircraft Ground Functional Testing with Eco-Design Criteria", APMS 2019: Advances in Production Management Systems. Production Management for the Factory of the Future, Springer, 2019, 299-306.
- Lindsay Portelli, Matthew Sabatini and Paul T. Grogan, "Ontology Development for Knowledge-driven Distributed Space Mission Systems Engineering", AIAA 2019, 1032.
- Arkopaul Sarkar, Dušan Šormaz, "Ontology Model for Process Level Capabilities of Manufacturing Resources", Procedia Manufacturing, 2019, 39, 1889-1898.
- Luan Fonseca Garcia, Mara Abel, Michel Perrin, Renatados Santos Alvarenga, "The GeoCore ontology: A core ontology for general use in Geology", Computers & Geosciences, 135, February 2020, 104387.
- Munira Mohd Ali, Mamadou Bilo Doumbouya, Thierry Louge, Rahul Rai, Mohamed Hedi Karray "Ontology-based approach to extract product’s design features from online customers’ reviews", Computers in Industry, 116, April 2020, 103175.
- Zhuoy Huang, Casey Jowers, Ali Dehghan-Manshadia, Matthew S.Dargusch, "Smart manufacturing and DVSM based on an Ontological approach", Computers in Industry, 117, May 2020, 103189.
- Thomas Hagedorn, Mary Bone, Benjamin Kruse, Ian Grosse, Mark Blackburn, "Knowledge Representation with Ontologies and Semantic Web Technologies to Promote Augmented and Artificial Intelligence in Systems Engineering", Insight, 23(1), March 2020, 15-20.
- Felix Ocker, Christiaan J. J. Paredis, Birgit Vogel-Heuser, "Applying knowledge bases to make factories smarter", Automatisierungstechnik, 2019; 67(6): 504–517.
- Thomas Hagedorn, Supporting Engineering Design of Additively Manufactured Medical Devices with Knowledge Management Through Ontologies, Dissertation University of Massachusetts Amherst, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, February 2018.
- Damiano Nunzio Arena, Towards Semantics-Driven Modelling and Simulation of Context-Aware Manufacturing Systems, Dissertation, EPFL – École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, School of Engineering, June 2019.
- J. Neil Otte, Ron Rudnicki & Barry Smith, Coordinated Holistic Alignment of Manufacturing Processes, 2017.