ICBO Conference Logistics
- 1 ICBO Blog and Press Notices
- 2 Videos
- 3 Powerpoint Presentations
- 4 Important notice for all presenters at the main conference (July 28-30)
- 5 Extension cords
- 6 Evaluation forms
- 7 Conference Questions
- 8 Taxi and Shuttle Services
- 9 Logistics Links
- 10 Registration Desk
- 11 Special Topic Sessions
- 12 Software Demonstrations
- 13 For participants with posters
- 14 Print and on-line proceedings
ICBO Blog and Press Notices
- For the Sake of Research and Patient Care, Scientists Must Find Common Language
- Linking Clinical Data Standards
With thanks to Robert Yao, we will be posting videos of almost all sessions at the ICBO meeting, and also of selected tutorials and workshops. Links to initial samples are provided here, here, and here.
For all main conference sessions, including panels and keynotes, see here
For workshops see as follows:
- Workshop A: Representing Adverse Events
- Workshop B: Working with Multiple Biomedical Ontologies
- Workshop C: Common Logic
- Workshop D: Facilitating Anatomy Ontology Interoperability
For tutorials see as follows:
- Tutorial A: Introduction to Ontology Development and Tools – Part I: First Steps in Ontology Development
- Tutorial B: Introduction to Ontology Development and Tools – Part II: Collaborative Ontology Development
- Tutorial C: Improving Structured EHR Data
- Tutorial D: Ontology Web Services
- Tutorial E: OBI: A Shared Ontology for Representing Biomedical Studies and Resources
- Tutorial F: From OBO to OWL and Back Again
Important notice for all presenters at the main conference (July 28-30)
Please ensure that your powerpoint slides are saved to the conference computer as early as possible on the day of your presentation. You may also email your presentation to Barry Smith [email:firstname.lastname@example.org]
A limited number of extension cords will be available. Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their own.
You will find an evaluation form in your conference package. This is intended primarily to evaluate the main conference (July 28-30) though you should feel free to include comments also on workshops and tutorials. Please hand in to the registration desk before you leave.
If you have questions concerning conference logistics please address them to Barry Smith at <email@example.com> and responses will be posted here.
Meals: Each day of the main ICBO conference (July 28-30) begins with a continental breakfast. The other meals provided (lunch on all 3 days, dinner on the first 2 days) include a wide range of choices, including vegetarian options.
Wifi: Free wifi access will be available in the conference rooms to all ICBO participants.
Emergency telephone: For logistics information during the conference call (716) 689-6900 (ask for 'ICBO Conference/Ballrooms 1-4).
Taxi and Shuttle Services
Many of the recommended hotels have complimentary shuttle service from Buffalo Airport. (Telephones in baggage claim area.) Taxi fare from Airport to UB North Campus area hotels is around $20.