Industrial Ontologies Foundry (IOF) Workshop
The Industrial Ontologies Foundry (IOF) Workshop
Date: July 18th and 19th, 2018
Time: 8:30am-5pm, both days
Venue DoubleTree Hotel in Amherst in Buffalo, NY, USA
Note: To book your stay at the group rate, please contact the front desk of the hotel and say that are coming for the Industrial Ontologies Foundry (IOF) Workshop.
Registration Registration Page
Note: The workshop requires an $80 registration fee, which covers catering, workspace, and technology for two days. However, there is also an optional multi-course dinner for $40 that may be paid in advance at registration.
- For further information please contact Neil Otte
Draft Agenda, Wednesday, July 18
1. Review of Use Cases.
2. Reports from domain (bottom up) working groups.
3. Report from Top-Down working group.
4. Where are we now?
5. Roadmap (first round).
6. Technical principal discussion:
6.a. Decide whether diversity of ontologies in a particular area is allowed.
8. We will need use case to drive this decision.
9. We may not be ready and Need to come up with well-posted questions.
10. Process/Political: how to resolve conflicts.
7. Breakout groups will focus on technical challenges facing IOF.
- Ontology Merging - how do we resolve conflicts among ontologies within the IOF?
- Dimitris's group has agreed to prepare some materials on this topic.
- Technical: Follow on discussion based on decision on 6.a.
- What are the techniques we may use if a decision is reached in 6.a.
- Ontology Versioning (postponed).
- Best Practices and and Software Environments for Collaborative Distributed Ontology Development.
8. Plenary discussion of Breakout Groups.
9. Roadmap (second round).