Industrial Ontologies Foundry (IOF) Workshop
The Industrial Ontologies Foundry (IOF) Workshop, USA
Date: July 18th and 19th, 2018
Time: 8:00am-5pm, both days
Venue DoubleTree Hotel in Amherst in Buffalo, NY, USA
Note: To book your stay at the group rate, please contact the front desk of the hotel directly and say that are coming for the 'Industrial Ontologies Foundry (IOF) Workshop taking place July 18th and 19th'.
Registration Registration Page
Note: The workshop requires an $80 registration fee, which covers catering, workspace, and technology for two days. However, there is also an optional multi-course dinner for $40 that may be paid in advance at registration.
- For further information please contact Neil Otte
Draft Agenda, Wednesday, July 18
0. Arrival and breakfast (8:00am).
1. Use Case Q&A, Bottom-up WGs discussions, Updates from Domain (Bottom Up) working groups, if any. Maybe identifying some requirements (8:30 - 9:30am)
3. Report from Top-Down working group (9:30 - 10:30am)
Hope to identify technical challenges.
4. Coffee Break (10:30 - 11:00am)
5. Where are we now? Summarizing where we are now based on the earlier part. Starting of the roadmap discussion. (11 - 11:30am)
6. Roadmap (first round) (11:30 - 12:30pm)
12:30 - 1:30pm Lunch, including discussion on Ontologies for industrial data: is there a convincing business case? introduced by Melinda Hodkiewicz (University of Western Australia)
7. Roadmap continued (1:30 - 2:30)
8. Technical Principle (2:30 - 3:30)
9 Technical principle continued (4:00 - 5:00)
Draft Agenda, Thursday, July 19
7. Breakout Groups will focus on technical challenges facing IOF.
- Ontology Merging: How do we resolve conflicts among ontologies within the IOF? Introduced by Dimitris Kiritsis (Lausanne)
- Follow on discussion of Example A
- Ontology Versioning (postponed)
- Best Practices and and Software Environments for Collaborative Distributed Ontology Development
8. Plenary discussion of reports from Breakout Groups
9. Roadmap (second round)