How to Advance Reusability of Immunology Data
Barry Smith: How to Advance Reusability of Immunology Data
- July 23, 2013
- 141 Park Hall, UB North Campus
Describing (tagging) data using shared public domain, consensus-based, well-structured ontologies promotes reusability. There are two legs to be connected:
- experimental data, for example of the sort currently found here
- ontology resources, for example as listed here
How to make the connection?
- 1. identify ways that submitters of data can benefit early on through use of ontologies
- 2. identify ways to annotate data using ontologies post-submission
I will discuss the pros and cons of each.