UB Applied Informatics Portal
This site has been established for the informal listing of
- 1. UB-associated projects, centers, and institutes in the broadly conceived field of applied informatics.
- 2. Announcements of interest to researchers working in applied informatics (for example pertaining to job openings).
Later, we shall add listings of training and educational opportunities, and of local expertise.
1. Projects, Centers and Institutes
- Under 1., I will be adding links to the following organizations represented at the meeting in the next days. Please
- Center for Multisource Information Fusion
- Center for Unified Biometrics and Sensors
- Clinical and Translational Data Exchange
- Institute for Health Informatics
- National Center for Geographic Information and Analysis
- National Center for Ontological Research
- Ontology Research Group
- Please contact Barry Smith if you would like to add to this list.
From Chris Renschler (Geography)
The UB Faculty Advisory Committee "UB2020 Extreme Events" is considering establishing formal ties between UB and Tohoku University, which is located in in Sendai, Japan, close to the tsunami-impacted coastal region, and which has a new International Research Institute of Disaster Science (IRIDeS).
Those at UB who would like to participate in this review should go to the link  here and register their details (before October 15).